1. Jhanji HNS College aspires to impart quality education through comprehensive and knowledge oriented education by inculcating qualities of competence, confidence and excellence.
2. To impart quality education for building a strong foundation of the nation, the college has well defined objective oriented, consistent effort to produce knowledge empowered manpower, is the need of the society.
1. To instill temper and develop skilled human resource to contemporary challenges.
2. To create a healthy academic environment for promotion of quality education.
3. To facilitate young adult learners with opportunities to improve their ethics and leadership potential.
4. To sensitize learners towards inclusive social concerns, human rights, gender and environmental issues.
5. To set an ideal standard for achieving excellence in the fields of teaching and research.
6. To promote innovations in planning, teaching and evaluation in achieving perfection.
The main objective of the institution is to transform the students into well meaning citizens through the committed pattern of instructions based on carefully prepared and well designed curricular aspects. Another objective of the College is to transform the students into well meaning citizens through well prepared socially committed patterns of instructions. In other words the objective is to cater to larger groups of students through conventional and distance mode. The vision and mission statements are communicated to the students, teachers, staff and other stakeholders through the college prospectus, the college website, the annual bulletin, news letter, publications as well as regular communications and briefings.
ABOUT JHANJI HEMNATH SARMA COLLEGE
Established on 25th July, 1964, Jhanji Hemnath Sarma College is a pioneer institute of higher education in Sivasagar district of Assam. The college has been imparting quality education since its inception. Students come to this college from far flung areas of the district and even from outside the district to pursue higher education in their chosen branches of knowledge. Located in the peaceful lush environment of the plain bank of the river Jhanji, bordering Sivasagar and Jorhat districts, it has continued to be a shrine of enlightenment to the students.
The institute was established under the leadership of our Revered Founder and Principal Late J.N. Sarma Sidhanta. He began the noble service from 1st January 1964 and kept inspiring the students as well as ...
Greetings and welcome to Jhanji Hemnath Sarma College. The college was established on 25th July, 1964 at Jhanji –Jamuguri in the district of Sivasagar with a prime objective to improve and prog...
Governing Body's Message
Jhanji Hemnath Sarma College (erstwhile Jhanji College) was established in 1964 with complete endeavour of the local people and well-wishers. It was not a easy matter in those days to develop the i...
Gandhi Study Centre
UGC sponsored Gandhi study centre was inaugurated on 30th April 2014.On this occasion Dr. Kumud Bora professor of department of Economics, Dibrugarh University and Dr. Rabi Kr. Jha Associate Professor of Charring SMD College and a scholar on Gandhian thought were present as the special guests.
Sankardeva Study Centre
The UGC sponsored Sankardeva Study Centre of Jhanji Hemnath Sarma College was established in 2013 with the prime objectives to study about Srimanta Sankardeva and his contributions towards the Society, Literature, Language and Culture. Another objective of the centre is to introduce the major contributions of Sankardeva with the new generation and researchers.