Students are pillars of the nation. They are the future citizens of a country. They must be well educated, work hard and take part in all social activities in order to make a country the best in the world. They must uphold academic integrity, respect all persons, property of the college and safety for others. With this view, Jhanji Hemnath Sarma College invites students from its surroundings. They must cooperate with the institution and follow the code of ethics and conduct which are proclaimed by the college as the following:
1. Students will maintain the highest discipline and dignified manner in and outside of the college campus. They will abide by the rules and regulations of the college and will highlight the discipline and esteem of the college.
2. Students must be punctual and regular in attending the classes and examinations. The classes are scheduled from 9.00 am to 4.15 pm (Monday to Saturday).
3. The first class of the day will start after a prayer song performed by the students and the teachers of the college. All will stand in attention till the prayer ends.
4. Students must be seated in their classroom at the beginning of each class. They must not enter or leave the classroom without the permission of the teacher.
5. Students will stand up from their seats when the teacher enters the classroom and will remain standing till they are allowed to sit. Silence and tranquility should be observed during the class hours.
6. Impersonation during roll call is a punishable offence.
7. It is the duty of every student to attend the classes regularly and punctually.
8. Malpractices like copying, use of unfair means, using mobile phones or electronic devices are strictly prohibited inside the examination hall.
9. Students can leave the campus during class hours only after getting a gate pass from the principal.
10. All the students leave the college campus immediately after 4.15 pm.
11. Students must come to the college every day (Monday to Saturday) wearing proper college uniform with displaying their valid identity card. Alternation to the uniform may be imposed a fine by the college authority.
12. Students are not allowed to and fro or gather in the verandas, corridors and staircase of the college during class hours. They should maintain silence in all the academic buildings.
13. In the events of seminar paper or project presentation, it is compulsory that all students of the concerned class be present for the entire session.
14. All leave applications (signed by parent or guardian) with supporting documents or certificates should be submitted in time to the respective HoD.
15. Students are not allowed to spend much time at college canteen or tea shops during the class hours.
16. While moving from one class to another, strict silence must be observed.
17. All the students are expected to present in college function, programmes, observation in college uniform unless otherwise specified.
18. Students are encouraged to use library books, computer and involved in professional body activities. But they must refrain from mishandling, tampering or damaging of college property. If found any such offence will be imposed fine/ suspension/ expulsion to the student with immediate effect.
19. All kinds of tattooing, body piercing, hair styling etc. that go against the spirit of academic environment of the college are strictly prohibited.
20. Smoking cigarette, chewing and spiting tobacco products or pan masala, consumption of alcohol or narcotic drugs is strictly prohibited inside the college campus. Violation of this rule will invite a disciplinary action.
21. Access to academic buildings beyond the above timing and on holidays without the written permission from the college authority will be treated a case of indiscipline.
22. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. Disciplinary action will be taken against those who will violate this rule. It is mandatory for all students and parent/guardian to put sign an affidavit in the annexure I & II prescribed by the college related to ragging.
23. Keep the campus neat and clean. Do not put any wastage anywhere in the college campus except the dustbin.
24. Students should carefully follow the Notices hang on the Notice Board.
25. The students who bring two wheelers to the college are advised to wear helmet. They must not indulge in rush driving inside the campus. Strict action will be taken against those who violate these rules.
26. Students are not permitted to use cell phones in the classroom. If found using mobile phone in the classroom, the cell phones would be confiscated.
27. Students staying in the college hostels should not bring cell phone in the classroom.
28. Students are not permitted to record video or audio in a classroom without prior permission of teachers or the principal of the college.
29. Students should refrain from the activities like scribbling on walls, door or furniture of the college which could mutilate the college and destroy the academic atmosphere.
30. Students cannot arrange any unauthorized celebrations or decorations inside the college without taking permission of the principal.
31. Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities to the maximum level so as to make them physically fit, academically competent, mentally alert and socially sensitive.
32. Students intending to participate in the events of inter college competition/ programme, youth festival etc. shall take prior permission from the principal of the college.
33. It is compulsory for all students to appear in all the examinations conducted by the college or the university.
34. The students' union body of the college will be formed as per Lyngdoh Committee recommendations approved by the Honorable Supreme Court of India.
35. Political activity is not permitted inside the college campus. Unauthorized meetings, processions, collection of fee etc. inside or outside the college campus are forbidden.
36. Misbehavior towards girl students, fellow members or even any member of the college will be treated as a matter of serious misconduct.